Office of the Municipal Social Welfare & Development
Exercise general supervision and control over Social Welfare Development Projects and programs. Provide technical assistance and support to the municipal mayor in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to social welfare and development services.
- Develop plans and strategies on social welfare programs and implement them upon approval of the municipal mayor.
- Identify the basic needs of the needy, the disadvantaged and the impoverished and develop and implement appropriate measures to alleviate their problems and improve their living conditions.
- Provide relief and appropriate crisis intervention for victims of abuse and exploitation and recommend appropriate measures to deter further abuse and exploitation.
- Assist the municipal mayor in implementing the barangay level program for the total development and protection of children up to six years of age.
- Initiate and support youth welfare programs that will ensure and enhance the role of the youth in nation building.
- Recommend to the sanggunian and advise the municipal mayor on all matters related to social welfare and development services which will improve the livelihood and living conditions of the inhabitants.
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
PERSONNEL & STAFF
ETHEL B. ADOYO
Municipal Government Department Head I
SONIA F. ZARASPE
Supervising Social Welfare Officer III
LOLLY A. UNTALAN
Social Welfare Assistant
ROSIEDEL T. ARAJA
BENITA D. DE TORRES
JEANNE A. ACLAN
AMANDA R. MAGTIBAY
Day Care Worker