Office of the Municipal Assessor
Exercise general supervision and control over the establishment of a systematic method of assessment in the manner prescribed in the Code and in accordance with the rules and regulations issued by the Department of Finance.
- Ensure that all laws and policies governing the appraisal and assessment of real properties for taxation purposes are properly executed.
- Initiate, review and recommend changes in policies and objectives, plans and programs, techniques, procedures and practices in the evaluation and assessment of real properties for taxation purposes.
- Establish a systematic method of real property assessment.
- Install and maintain a system of tax mapping, showing graphically all property subject to assessment and gather all data concerning the same.
- Prepare, install a real property identification and accounting system.
- Conduct frequent physical surveys to verify and determine whether all real properties within the province are properly listed in the assessment rolls.
- Exercise functions of appraisal and assessment primarily for taxation purposes of all real properties in the local government units.
- Post and prepare a schedule of the fair market value for the different classes of real properties in accordance with the Code.
- Issue upon request of any interested party, certified copies of assessment records of all real properties and all other records relative to its assessment, upon payment of a service charge or fee to the municipal treasurer.
- Submit every semester a report of all assessments as well as cancellations and modifications of assessments to the local chief executive and the sangguniang bayan.
- Attend personally or through an authorized representative all sessions of the local Board of Assessment Appeals whenever his assessment is subject to the appeal and present or submit any information or record in the possession as maybe required by the Board.
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as maybe prescribed by law or ordinance.
PERSONNEL & STAFF
JUCYLEN F. ARTILLAGA
Municipal Government Department Head I
LILIA E. LAT
ANTERA P. ALDOVER
Assessment Clerk II
ELVIE B. BOLIVAR
Assessment Clerk I
NEMIAFLOR M. ORDANZA
Administrative Assistant I